Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The One-Eyed King

Football can be a truly amazing time of the year. College football just started up last weekend and the first NFL game is tomorrow night. It feels like Christmas! However, along with football season comes a whole slew of people who claim to be football experts. Everyone has an opinion, and so often their opinion is uninformed or ridiculous. I'm not saying that all of my opinions are the right ones (though, I of course believe they're right at the time), but I think I'm right more than most people.

When I was trying to think of a sweet, catchy name for my blog, I couldn't help but remember that old saying... "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." I often get frustrated with football "experts" who make all these ridiculous predictions and then think that they are brilliant analysts. In reality they are blind. And as we know, in the theoretical land of football blindness, the one-eyed analyst is king.... or something like that. Whatever... hope you like the blog. In this blog, I will focus mainly on the NFL. I will also throw in some college football wisdom. Very rarely I may even bless you with a local high school blog as well. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment